Lakes in the region around GĂĽnzburg + water sports
Protected lake and natural landscape as a paradise of local recreation
The Swabian Danube valley and its tributary valleys form a carpet of waters that attracts people from near and far in the summer. The swimming lakesâ€™ water quality is constantly tested during the season and therefore the lakes are regarded as areas of local recreation. Large parts are marked as a nature and landscape reserve so that swimming and bathing as well as water sports and fishing are subject to certain rules and regulations.
Below you can find an overview of the most popular and biggest lakes in the surroundings.
Many can be reached via quiet cycle paths and invite you to idyllic hikes and walks in addition to swimming.
- With a surface of 40 hectares it belongs to the biggest and most beautiful lakes of the lake region
- Good infrastructure with sunbathing lawn, shallow strand for children, changing facilities, kiosk and a campsite
- Location: on the road towards Riedhausen at the Heidenheimer StraĂźe
- Special characteristic: a real sand beach with shallow shore, especially suitable for children
- Easy to reach also by bike via â€śRoute 4 Donaumoosâ€ť
- Area of local recreation with ideal conditions for families: a water playground invites everyone to play, dig and splash
- Has its name from the silver shine which can often be seen
- Surface: 9 hectares
- Many small, solitary bays between the reeds
- Perfect possibilities to swim, snorkel and sunbathe
- Idyllically surrounded by trees
- Big sunbathing lawn
- Diving with a breathing apparatus is allowed, also the use of electric model boats
- Easy to reach via the Mindeltal cycle path or by car
Lakes Mooswald & Mehrle
- Four separate lakes with smaller islands and a peninsula
- Motorboats are partly allowed, also diving and electric model boats
- Dogs are allowed at lake Mooswaldsee (eastern part)
Water sports at the Lakes GĂĽnzburg
Rowing boats are allowed on most lakes and rivers around GĂĽnzburg. Surfing, sailing, wakeboarding and standup paddling is also allowed at some spots. Corresponding water sports schools offer rentals and courses for the individual water sports. Fun and action can be experienced at the wakeboard and water ski park at Lake Thannhaus which is also equipped with over 20 obstacles. For professional diving just head over to the diving school BlueWaterDiving, which offers courses from introductory diving to advanced courses.
In the summer it is a pure joy to relax at the clear lakes, to bathe with the children and to swim. An excursion to the lakes can be well combined with a hike or a bike tour. In addition to the LEGOLANDÂ® Deutschland Resort GĂĽnzburg and the outlet centre, families have a further reason to plan their stay at the Best Hotel Mindeltal and stay a little while longer to enjoy a day of recreation at one of the lakes.
Further information about the possibilities and activities on site are available at our reception in the Best Hotel Mindeltal. We look forward to welcome you with us.
Personal contact is VERY important to us
Always up to date with our Mindeltal News